With jailbreaking looking to be on a bit of a decline these days, many users are missing their favorite Cydia tweaks on iOS 8. Luckily, there is another way to do this and it involves the use of an app installer. It’s called TweakBox and it is similar to Cydia although not quite as in-depth. It does give you the ability to download some of your favorite tweaks and paid games as well as being fully compatible with iOS 8 firmware. There are two ways to download and we have the steps for both ways for you, neither of which requires a jailbreak.
Image : TweakBox iOS 8 Download
How to Download TweakBox on iOS 8 :
There are two ways to download TweakBox app on your iPhone or iPad . Both these methods are explained here with detailed images and video instructions for simplicity
Method 1 : Using Safari
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad , no other browser will work
- Tap on the address bar and type in tweakbox.org
- Tap the UP arrow on the page , bottom or top of the screen
- Choose Add to Home Screen from the new options
- Call your app icon TweakBox and tap Add
- The TweakBox app icon will be on your home screen when you come out of Safari
Video: This walks you through the steps above
Method 2 : Configuration Profile
- Launch Safari and then tap on this [ link ]
- On the page that loads, look for and tap on the link to directly Install to iOS device. This will load the configuration profile
- Settings will open on your iOS device, tap on Install and type your passcode if needed
- Now Safari will reopen tap Install TweakBox
- On the confirmation page, tap Install
- Now your settings app will open again on the Profile Installation page, tap on Install Profile
- Now tap Next > Install
- Lastly, tap Install on the new screen and then Done
Now you can go to your home screen and tap on the TweakBox icon to begin downloading all your favorite tweaks, apps, and paid games .
Fixing TweakBox Errors :
Although you should have a trouble free experience with TweakBox, if you do come up against an error it is likely to be one of the following, both very easy to fix :
- An app that you downloaded won’t run , Open Settings > General > Profile, find the app certificate and tap. It will now work now.
- Profile Installation Failed error , Click on the link to get the steps to fix it
To stay up to date with all the latest news, follow us on Facebook.