The number of jailbreaks has decreased significantly in the last year or so, to the point where few people can now install Cydia on their devices. This means that they can no longer download their tweaks, apps or games and many are looking for new ways to get tweaks like iFile on their devices. Luckily, we do have an easy way for you to get iFile now, and you don’t need to jailbreak to get it. We’ll show you how later but first, for those who don’t know what iFile [ext link] is, keep reading.
Image : iFile File Manager Download Tutorial
What is iFile ?
iFile is a popular file manager app that lets you do what Apple doesn’t – view and manage your iOS device file system. Through iFile, you can access all the files that are stored on your iOS device and you can customize or manage them in the same way that you do on Explorer in Windows or Finder on the Mac.
iFile Features :
iFile has many features so we’ll start with the file types that you can view on your device. These include:
- Web archives
- Microsoft files
- Compressed format files
- Apple iWork
Your multimedia and software files can also be customized or handled in the following ways :
- Rename files
- Move files
- Copy and paste
- Install .deb packages easily
- Pack and unpack compressed file formats, such as .rar files
- Import MP3s and other file formats to the library on your iPod Touch
Is that enough for you ? Because iFile goes even further and lets you move your files in and out of your iOS device in these ways:
- Upload or download through a browser or network drive using the built-in web server
- Copy or move your FTP or Dropbox files
- Use a Toshiba FlashAir card to view and download your files
- Attach files to emails and send them
- Mount Apple .dmg (Disk Image) files
- Use Bluetooth to transfer files to iFile on another device
iFile also integrates fully with the following services:
- Attachment Saver
- Celeste Bluetooth File Sharing
- Safari Download Manager
How to Download iFile :
We know that most people can no longer use Cydia to get iFile and neither can you get it from the iOS app store. So how do you download it ? Quite simply by installing a third-party app installer called TweakBox. TweakBox is packed with useful apps and Cydia tweaks and doesn’t require a jailbreak to work. Here’s how to get iFile:
- Download TweakBox onto your device using the steps in the linked article
- Open TweakBox on your device and search for iFile
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install iFile
- When the installation has finished you can enjoy all the benefits that Apple won’t give you.
Let us know how you get on with downloading iFile in this way and follow us on Facebook for more tips and tutorials.